July 18, 2013

BIG COTTONWOOD HALF MARATHON

Last week, I signed up for the Big Cottonwood Half Marathon.  I have been going back and forth for a few months about whether or not I should run another distance race.  Clayton kept saying, "why do you even want to do that?" It took me some time to decide that I just needed to go ahead and do it.


Ultimately, what was keeping me from doing it is that I didn't want to JUST run.  I love running, but I also love doing other forms of exercise, and I know running doesn't work my whole body.  I especially love doing my Power Pump classes -- they really help me get more toned -- but they make it more difficult for me to increase my mileage, because I get so sore from them!

However, I think I can still do one lifting class a week while training -- at least that's my goal.  I really wanted to do this, because I have the time right now in life, and I want to keep challenging myself.  I did the St. George Marathon when I was 17, but since then, I haven't done any distance events.  Right now, a half marathon seems to be a perfect length.  It's just short enough that I can hopefully keep doing other forms of exercise that I love, but long enough to be a challenge!



The best news is, after I signed up, my dad decided to do the race, too!




It will be so fun to have him out here, and to know that he is on the course while I'm running!  He was the whole reason I started running in the first place! He encouraged me to do cross country and track in high school, and then encouraged me to do the St. George Marathon.  I'm so excited that we'll be running it together!

September 14, here we come!

P.S., Those Facebook things seem so corny, but by allowing them to post to facebook, you save $5!  I'm always up for saving a little cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Light & Liveliness. Powered by