March 29, 2014

New York City 2014: Wednesday-Thursday

At the beginning of the month, Clayton and I took a trip to New York City.  We went with Dana & Steve and their good friends, Laurie & Weston.

Wednesday

We got there Wednesday night and trekked our way from the airport down to Chinatown where our hotel was.  This was my first time riding a subway, and I thought it was awesome.  I know that sounds so dumb, but I felt so independent hopping on the subway and being able to go wherever I wanted.  It was freezing cold, and I was still in my flats from work, but it gave us a good taste for how the weather would be for the next four days.

Thursday

Thursday morning, we got up and discovered that our hotel had the best continental breakfast.  We stocked up and headed out to go see some miscellaneous sights.  We hadn't really planned the day, so we just went. 



We started the day by going to Washington Square Park, seeing the Flatiron building, and eating lunch at Shake Shack.


I can see why there are so many of these around the city.  Combine yum and cheap, and you've got yourself a business!  I'm not a big burger person, but these hit the spot.

After Shake Shack, we went down to Times Square and walked around.  Times Square is definitely different than suburban Utah.



While we were down there, we got asked to go to a taping of the Late Show with David Letterman.  






After this, we went to try to win tickets to Wicked.  We lucked out and Steve won 2 tickets.  We decided to switch seats half way through so that we could sit up front for part of the show and back for part of the show.   Doing it that way was really unique.  We were able to see the set and scenery as a whole, but also see all the actors up close.



I was really cold for the majority of this show, which also affected the experience (are you noticing a trend here?), but I loved the show.  I had heard the music, and knew the basics of the story, but not the ending.


After the show, we grabbed some hot cocoa and headed back to our hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Light & Liveliness. Powered by