April 2, 2014

New York City 2014: Friday

FYI, these fancy photos are from Weston's camera...not mine.  You will be able to tell the difference between the two cameras. :) I have got to save up for a better camera.  It is right up on the top of my wants list, along with a new bike.  Too bad they're both pricey!

Friday

On Friday, Laurie and Weston joined us. 

 
We started the day by going to the Statue of Liberty.  I was very surprised at how large the statue is.  It always seemed so small on TV, but in person it is quite a statue! 


Since it is on an island, and it was very cold outside, that part of the trip was not my favorite, because I was so cold, but I did enjoy seeing it!  Obviously, Clayton had no problem with the cold. :)


After the Statue of Liberty, we went to lunch at Grimaldi's pizza.  Each couple ordered a pizza (way too much pizza, if you ask me!) and enjoyed the warmth as we ate. 



I love pizza, and I loved Grimaldi's!  Mark and Libby recommended a different pizza place that we'll have to try the next time we go to New York.  After Grimaldi's, we were all so tired that we decided to go to our hotel and take a nap.  What was supposed to be a 30 minute nap turned into a (much needed) 3 hour nap.



After our nap, we were supposed to go to the Museum of Modern Art, but didn't have a lot of time, so we grabbed a quick dinner and headed to Aladdin.  Aladdin had just opened for the first time (ever) the previous Wednesday. 


The show itself wasn't my favorite, but the theater for Aladdin was by far my favorite -- it had a lot of character.  I also LOVED the costumes in this show.  They were gorgeous.  In one of the scenes, they are tap dancing in glittering costumes -- it was just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Light & Liveliness. Powered by