April 13, 2014

New York City 2014: Saturday

Saturday

Saturday morning, we woke up and headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Oh. my. gosh!

I loved the Met!


I knew we were only going to have a little bit of time here, so I made my time count.  I went straight to the impressionist artists, because they are my favorite.


We only saw a small fraction of artwork that the museum has, but it truly is amazing.  I could have spent a lot more time here!


After the Met, we took a walk through Central Park.  I can see how great this park must be in the Spring/Summer/Fall.  I was also so envious with how many runners there were!  I would love to be a part of that running community!


Next, we headed to the Carnegie Deli for lunch.  Dana & Steve had some friends who came in town to visit them, and this is where we met them.  If you love big, meaty, sandwiches, this is your place.  I think I should have just saved all of my stomach space for the cheesecake.  Yum!


This actually isn't the sandwich Clayton and I ordered, but it shows you the size.  Whoa.

We headed back to Chinatown & did a little bit of window shopping.  Those type of places aren't really my scene, but it was still fun.


Then we headed back to Times Square, went to Rockefeller Center (surprisingly small!), ate dinner at an overpriced/not very good restaurant, and then won tickets to see Newsies!  Newsies was a great show!  I loved the movie growing up, and the play was just as great!  The theater for this show was by far the worst theater, and the seats were crummy, but the show itself was great.


Clayton says this was his favorite of the three shows.  I love the songs and thought that the acting was terrific.  He has been listening to this soundtrack since we got home -- and we've been home for over a month!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Light & Liveliness. Powered by